Saturday, July 15, 2017

To My Child: Things I Can and Cannot Do


To My Child: Things I Can and Cannot Do

I can share your life, but I cannot live it for you.
I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn.
I can give you directions, but I cannot always lead you.
I can allow you freedom, but I cannot account for it.
I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe.
I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot decide for you.
I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.
I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish.
I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show honor.
I can tell you the facts of life, but I cannot build your reputation.
I can tell you about lofty goals, but I cannot achieve them for you.
I can teach you to obey, but I cannot answer for your actions.
I can warn you about sin, but I cannot make your morals.
I can love you as my child, but I cannot place you in God’s family.
I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God.
I can teach you about Jesus, but I cannot make Him your Savior.
I can teach you about prayer, but I cannot make you pray.
I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal life.


Author Unknown

2 comments:

Bill Burk said...

Outstanding. Thank you Cory for all the good work you do in the kingdom.

Ole Olsen said...

Cory... Thank you for your thoughts regarding "What we can't do for our children!" Hope to share with family and friends...! oo