My parents, Alvis and Glenda Bryan, were close friends of Norvel and Helen Young, going bsck to the Youngs' days in Lubbock, where Alvis was minister of Eastside church of Christ and Norvel minister at Broadway. When my parents were missionaries in South Barre, Vermont, the Youngs visited our home for a week and Norvel conducted a meetingm I well remember their visit. When Alvis wrote his autobiography, Friend of God's Children, Helen received a copy and stayed up all night reading it. This I knew from a lengthy phone conversation.with her. I had never known of this tragedy in Norvel's life. I am profoundly saddened jut also sympathetic to his plight as a human being so vulnerable, like sll of us, to the stresses, temptations, and pressures we face. His story reflects the amazing miracle snd power of love, mercy, forgiveness, and redemption.
1 comment:
My parents, Alvis and Glenda Bryan, were close friends of Norvel and Helen Young, going bsck to the Youngs' days in Lubbock, where Alvis was minister of Eastside church of Christ and Norvel minister at Broadway. When my parents were missionaries in South Barre, Vermont, the Youngs visited our home for a week and Norvel conducted a meetingm I well remember their visit. When Alvis wrote his autobiography, Friend of God's Children, Helen received a copy and stayed up all night reading it. This I knew from a lengthy phone conversation.with her. I had never known of this tragedy in Norvel's life. I am profoundly saddened jut also sympathetic to his plight as a human being so vulnerable, like sll of us, to the stresses, temptations, and pressures we face. His story reflects the amazing miracle snd power of love, mercy, forgiveness, and redemption.
Post a Comment